Custom Icon for your Apple Mobile Device Tutorial
All the cool kids have iPhones, iPads and/or iPods, right? How would you like to be extra cool and have your very own custom icon for your blog on your Home Screen? If you’re raising your mouse way up high right now, then I have the tutorial for you. Ready, set, go!
1. Create a logo for your blog with your design program of choice (Photoshop, Photoshop Elements, Gimp, blah, blah, blah). Make it 45 px by 45 px in size, with a resolution of 72 px/inch. Save it as a jpg, gif, or png file (whatever your preference is). Here’s mine:
2. Upload your image to an image hosting site, like Photobucket. Copy the ‘direct link’ to this image (you’ll need this later).
3. Next, log into your blogger account. In your dashboard, click on the ‘Design’ tab:
4. Then, click on the ‘Edit HTML’ tab:
5. At the very top of your html, look for the text <head> (should be about 6-7 lines down):
6. Directly beneath this text, type in the following text (you can copy it below and simply paste it in the correct location):
7. Replace IMAGE URL (do not remove the quotation marks or it won’t work) with the ‘direct link’ from your image hosting site that you copied in Step 2.
8. Then, save your changes:
9. Now comes the fun stuff. Open up your blog page on your iPhone, iPad or iPod, and, once there, save it as a bookmark by pressing the ‘plus‘ (+) key at the bottom of the screen:
10. Next, click ‘Add to Home Screen‘:
11. This is where you’ll first see your custom icon. Name your bookmark, and click ‘Add‘ at the top right of your screen:
12. That’s it! Now you’ll see your icon on your home screen, like so (mine’s 2nd row from bottom, far right):
Don’t worry – if you’re confused cuz this tutorial looks like nothing but gobble-de-gook to you, but you still want a custom icon of your very own, I can make one for you for a mere $5. Fill out the order form here
, and select “Custom iPhone/iPad/iPod icon” under the ‘A La Carte’ section.
Be sure to become a follower as I’ll be adding more tutorials from time to time to help you customize your blog. And you aren’t gonna want to miss a one! Thanks for stopping by!